Sunday, July 22, 2012

Daisy Update (16)


Hi all!

So, this week seemed even more hectic than last week somehow. Monday started off pretty well and even though we had 3 patients coming to the ward to be admitted before surgery, I was doing ok and not so behind as I was last week. Right up until the moment when the son of one of the patients started yelling at me for something that wasn't my fault. Yeah, that was fun. I REALLY wanted to tell him where he could stick his aggression and plain rudeness, but I managed not to.
It seemed to be a week filled with all sorts of very high maintenance family members of patients on the ward. I don't mind so much, except when they're constantly harassing the nurses, which is just not okay.

Anyway, I really needed a lot of hugs when I got home Monday night, but the rest of the week was infinitely better. Tuesday we had my boyfriend's friends over for a barbecue and it was fun! After they went on to the festivities surrounding the 4 day walking event in the city that was this week and I crashed like the little old lady I am.

Wednesday I just relaxed and read, I finished A Discovery of Witches, and made guacamole from scratch. Which, as it turns out, isn't really all that hard, but it was rather delicious if I may say so myself :)

Thursday and Friday were a lot quieter work-wise and I even managed to get all of my paperwork done, so YAY!

Friday night I went out with some of my friends and it was a lot of fun! At one point I almost fell asleep standing up (it wasn't even past midnight), so I decided it was probably time to go home. Yesterday I went to visit my parents and it was just relaxing. Both their dogs like to pretend they don't get spoiled rotten when I'm not around and are in dire need of some cuddles, so I obliged. One of them had to have knee surgery last week and was walking around with a 'cone of shame' (Up! anyone? LOVE that movie!) and feeling all kinds of sorry for himself.

Today will be filled with relaxing and catching up on Google Reader and not cooking cause it's Sunday and I don't feel like it. Maybe I can convince the boyfriend to get fries... (yum!)

In bookish news: I know it's gone a bit quiet on the blog, but it's because I'm so busy. Once I get in a more steady rythm with work and everything else, it'll get better. I hope.
I did get 5 books in thye mail I'd pre-ordered, which I'm really excited about :) I need to make time to read the books I buy for myself and not just the books I receive for review... I currently own 223 books I haven't read yet, which is kinda crazy.
But, in more positive news, I have managed to stick to my ban, though it probably won't last past Wednesday, cause then I get paid for the very first time and I'll HAVE to celebrate! I'm already plotting going shopping and buying this pretty dress:


I just love the color...
And a celebration isn't complete without ordering some more books even though I really shouldn't.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great Sunday and a wonderful week!

3 comments:

  1. That is a very pretty dress! I'm glad that work is going pretty well for you, except those whiny, stuck-up families. Creeps.

    Your review of ADoW makes me really excited to read it! And if it makes you feel better, I have SO MANY MORE unread books than you, lol. So you know, don't feel bad, buy more books! Yayyy!

    Have a lovely week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you got yelled at at work! I am a nurse and know just what you mean with difficult family members. Some are amazing, but some are not. Your dress is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is pretty!
    And too bad about the super hectic work filled days, hopefully you'll find your pace soon (me I just quit my job due to health stuff and I'm still on the phase where I'm enjoying sleeping late and catching up on morning TV, but I'm still looking for another job. You get used to having money of your own :P)

    LOL

    And, Cone of Shame? poor puppy! But they don't leave it alone if they don't wear them.:P

    good luck this week! hopefully you won't get as many high-maintenance families. harassing the nurses it's not OK.

    And YAY for reading your own books! I don't think I got as many as you but I must be up around 100 books that I got and haven't read :P

    ReplyDelete